UK-based suppliers, applicators and trainers. Call us today to get a free sample : 01604 644604
Engraving is a deep cavity cut into a material by using engravers. There are two types of engravers viz. rotary engravers and laser engravers. Both of them have their pros and cons. Here we will have a glimpse of the benefits of rotary engraving and rotary engravers.
1. Rotary engravers allow an engraving specialist to offer wood engraving service, metal engraving service, plastic engraving service or engraving services on other materials with equal ease and efficiency.
2. No special material is required for rotary engraving.
3. You can save your time and expense if you seek metal engraving services with a rotary engraver because metals like stainless steel when engraved with rotary engravers do not require chemical coating.
4. Rotary engraving can be done on even and warped surfaces with astonishingly uniform results.
5. Different sized cutting tools are used in rotary engravers which facilitate engraving of even large areas quickly. Desired depth can be engraved using various tools in rotary engravers.
6. Fine detailing and finishing are also taken good care by rotary engravers.
7. Rotary engravers do not produce fumes in the process of engraving. The chips like residuals produced while rotary engraving can be cleaned by a vacuum, unlike laser engraving where you will need a proper extraction system and charcoal and particulates filter so that hazardous fumes are released in the process of laser engraving can be removed. Thus, rotary engraving is cost-effective, environment-friendly and a workable solution for engraving services.
8. Laser engraving produces toxic fumes especially while engraving PVC, which is not so in the case of rotary engraving. So, rotary engravers are recommended to engrave onto PVC as and when desired.
9. Rotary engraving plastic materials cost much less than the laser engraving materials. Rotary engravers too are less expensive than laser engravers. Thus, rotary engraving has an edge if we talk about cost.
10. Furthermore, maintaining rotary engravers is easy as they do not require specialized cleaning, periodic recharging, critical alignment, etc. as laser engravers do. This again indicates that rotary engravers are cost-saving and convenient to use and maintain.
11. If you are looking for beveled-edge cutouts, rotary engraving is a good solution.
12. Making ADA compliant signs is often required by signage companies in UK. It is worthy for them to note that braille beads can be inserted automatically in materials by drilling holes with rotary engravers. Thus, rotary engravers are a perfect solution for them.
The above-mentioned benefits of rotary engravers can be realized by hiring one of the established rotary and laser engraving companies in UK. An engraving specialist at such a company will recommend to you righteously about which type of rotary engraving method is more suitable for your requirement viz. rotating carbide engraving or diamond drag engraving. Remember to hire an experienced and renowned company for seeking rotary engraving services for your project if you want to have a pleasurable experience along with quick, cost-effective and fine results.